- University of Connecticut, B.A. degree, majoring in Insurance and minoring in Economics.
- Chartered Life Underwriters – Gold Key Society
- Probus Club (PROfessional and BUSiness Civic Club) – President of the Hartford Chapter and President of Probus National.
- Vice President of Beth Hillel Synagogue
- Board of Directors of Horizons, Inc.
- U.S. Army, Ordinance, MOS 4805, Tank Automotive. Ft. Lewis, Washington.
- During Vietnam War I was the Survivor’s Assistance Officer for the Northwest corner of the Country.
- Personal Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Retirement Plan Services
- Employee Benefit Education
- Wealth Preservation
- Executive Compensation / Retirement Analysis
- Request For Proposal
- CLU Designation (Chartered Life Underwriter)
- FINRA Series 24 (General Securities Principal Exam)
- FiNRA Series 65 (Uniform Investor Advisor Law Exam)
- FINRA Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam)
- FINRA Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
Mark Goldberg, CLU
Even a ship won’t make waves unless it is in motion. I’m always thinking of better ways to serve my clients, often that makes waves because some of these ideas are new and creative.
I was the first representative to join forces with David Wood when he started Gateway.
Experienced in 401(k), Profit Sharing and 403(b) plans Small business retirement plans including SIMPLE IRA and 401(k) for the small business. (even down to sole practitioners).
While pursuing a degree at the University of Connecticut, Mark was an ROTC Cadet and anticipated serving in the Army as an officer during the Vietnam War. One of his many roles was to serve as “Survivor’s Assistance Officer” where he found himself with grieving widows explaining their government benefits and assisting with funeral arrangements. After graduating from UCONN with a B.A. from the School of Business, Mark assumed the family business, White House Liquors, before handing it over to his younger brother, “Crazy Bruce”.
Before joining Gateway Financial in 1995, Mark earned his Chartered Life Underwriter certification. Since then, he has placed a specialty on 401k and Simple IRA plans for business owners. Mark generously devotes his time as a member of the Board of Directors of Horizon’s multi-faceted facility for special needs children. He was also instrumental in developing the ‘Teacher of The Year” award program for the City of Hartford.
Mark also held the position of past President of the Greater Hartford Probus Club, as well as past President of Probus National. The Probus Club is a civic organization that devotes its time towards helping people with special needs.
Mark resides in Avon with his lovely wife Ellie of 53 years, with whom he loves to travel. They have two daughters, Roberta & Dana and 3 granddaughters. Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA BrokerCheck.